MARPA Member to Member Carrier One-on-One Meetings
NEW for the 2021 MARPA Conference: MARPA Member to Member Carrier One-on-One Meetings
In response to requests from MARPA members across the PMA parts industry for MARPA to help provide networking opportunities, MARPA will be hosting an afternoon of facilitated meetings between MARPA Members and MARPA Member Air Carriers during the 2021 MARPA Conference.
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021
1:00pm - 4:00pm EST
Compass Rose Ballroom
Participating MARPA Member Air Carriers will remain seated at designated tables for a series of meetings, and MARPA Member solutions providers who have reserved timeslots in advance will be permitted to attend each as scheduled. Each meeting will be 10 minutes in duration, with 5 minutes between meetings in order for suppliers to move to the next scheduled meeting or exit.
The list of participating MARPA Member Air Carriers and title of their representative is below:
• United Airlines: Assoc. Project Manager - PMA/OOPP
• American Airlines: Senior Engineer
• American Airlines: Supplier Management Group
• American Airlines: Principal Engineer, Component & Composite Engineering
• Atlas Air Worldwide: Director, Scheduled Maintenance & Outside Services - Technical Operations Department
• Atlas Air Worldwide: Manager, Strategic Sourcing and Director, AOG
• Delta Air Lines: Principal Engineer - PMA Approvals
• Delta Air Lines: Engineering Manager
• Delta Air Lines: Sourcing Manager
• FedEx Express:Project Technical Specialist
• FedEx Express:Manager, Aircraft Engineering - Interiors
• SAS/Spirit Airlines: Manager, PMA Programs
• Southwest Airlines: Airframe Strategic Sourcing Senior Analyst, Supply Chain Management
• UPS: Manager Component Engineering & Reliability
• UPS: Component Engineer
• UPS: Aircraft Engineer
See below for guidelines. Participants will be notified via email on October 27th of their meeting details, with Outlook calendar appointments provided for each meeting.
WHY SHOULD MARPA AIR CARRIER MEMBERS JOIN ONE-ON-ONES?
MARPA will help carrier members facilitate meetings with the solutions providers you need and want to meet with. Meet in an environment where you’re assured you'll spend time with each, to hear how you can best work together. Because suppliers will come to you in this scheduled space, you have the ability to meet with companies you may not usually have the chance to see, bringing new opportunities for both operators and suppliers. Sometimes events can leave you feeling "peopled out", but the MARPA Member to Member Carrier One-on-One Meetings are scheduled with "breathing room" built in between the eleven meetings each Carrier Member will have with a MARPA Member solutions provider (and a brief break in the middle). A maximum of two participants per table is requested, but Carrier Members are welcome to request multiple tables to allow for the most impactful session possible. Maybe you have team members coming from different departments, maybe a new employee that you'd like to meet as many suppliers as possible but they aren't sure who to talk to; this is the perfect opportunity!
HOW CAN MARPA AIR CARRIER MEMBERS PARTICIPATE IN ONE-ON-ONES?
1. Register to attend the 2021 MARPA Conference by completing all sections of the registration form, and return the form to MARPA
2. Choose representatives from your MARPA member company to sign up for the session, and how many tables
4. Sign up by October 24th
5. Commit to attending the session and await your schedule via email on Oct 27th
MARPA Air Carrier members who have already registered for the 2021 MARPA Conference and signed up for MARPA Member to Member Carrier One-on-One Meetings will be notified of your meeting times and participants via email and Outlook calendar appointment for each session, on October 27th.If you missed the sign-up deadline, please contact MARPA at MARPA@PMAparts.org or +1.202.628.6777 to discuss.
MARPA Air Carrier members who will participate in the session are invited to an exclusive luncheon from 11:30am – 12:45pm on November 2nd, prior to the start of your scheduled sessions. This is an excellent chance to network with your peers and learn from each other, as well as just a chance to enjoy a quiet social space before kicking off the excitement of the Conference.
WHY SHOULD PROVIDER MARPA MEMBERS JOIN ONE-ON-ONES?
MARPA is providing suppliers the chance to meet with customers you currently work with, as well as the as the customers you wish you could work with, all in a structured, comfortable, scheduled environment. Take the opportunity to spend ten minutes with a carrier whose fleet is just right for your parts, who you are sure could use your DER services, or who would benefit from your wealth of knowledge as a consultant. Spend time with your customers before the official Conference kick off, so your solutions to their needs are in mind from the very start of the event. Eliminate the worry that you'll go the whole conference without meeting your customers. Take the opportunity to demonstrate the value of attending the Conference as a MARPA Member to your management before you've even left the office. While this is the first of the iteration of the new MARPA Member to Member Carrier One-on-One Meetings and we do expect some growing pains, there is clear value to all MARPA Members that attend the session.
HOW CAN MARPA MEMBER MANUFACTURERS/ASSOCIATES JOIN ONE-ON-ONES?
1. Register to attend the 2021 MARPA Conference and confirm membership in good standing by completing all sections of the registration form, and return the form to MARPA
2. Review the list of participating carriers and their roles
3. Choose one representative from your MARPA member company to sign up for the session
4. Sign up by October 24th to list the participating carriers in your order of meeting preference
5. Commit to attending the session and await your schedule via email on Oct 27th
Meeting slots are highly limited, and will only be available for members reserving in advance. Onsite selection will not be possible. Additional guidelines will be provided on our website prior to the event.
AIR CARRIER MEMBERS:
• Carriers may have more than one table
• No more than two (2) carrier representatives per table
• Carrier Members will be seated at their designated table for eleven ten-minute meetings, with five minutes between each
• The luncheon prior to the session is limited to participating Carriers
• Carriers wishing to participate who missed the Carrier sign-up deadline are unable to be added to the session
• Only one selection per dues-paying MARPA Member company in good standing made by a registered representative will be honored for that company
• Additional submissions from participating companies will be disqualified
• Submissions from previous MARPA members will be held for 48hrs, and the representative will be contacted and asked to bring membership into good standing
• Submissions from parties who are not registered for the Conference will be disqualified
• There will be no preference in meeting scheduling based upon time of sign-up, company size, duration of membership, sponsorship status, or any other consideration; timeslots will be chosen by a randomized computer generator
• Subsidiary companies that do not pay individual dues but are under the umbrella of a MARPA member company are not considered as individual entities for this purpose
• No more than two (2) company representatives per table may attend each meeting
• Additional company representatives are not permitted in the session space during the meeting session
• Air Carrier participants will be seated, and non-carrier participants will go to the appropriate table at the time of their pre-scheduled meeting
• Each meeting will be ten (10) minutes in length, with five (5) minutes between meetings
• At the end of each ten minute meeting, a MARPA representative will sound a chime that indicates the end of the meeting
• Non-carrier participants must vacate the meeting table when their meeting time has concluded, and are asked to move to their next meeting or leave the session room if they have no meeting for that time
• A brief break will be provided for Air Carrier participants between 2:25pm and 2:45pm; all non-carrier participants are asked to vacate the session room during that time
• Intentional loitering in the meeting room will not be tolerated during the session
• Please notify a MARPA staff member if assistance is required
CLICK HERE for the 2021 MARPA Conference agenda.