Want to get involved in influencing the laws and regulations that affect PMA? MARPA's members participate in the government affairs program through the MARPA Technical Committee. Join today!
This page includes a variety of MARPA resources that may be of use to the PMA community.
Some Recent MARPA Submissions to the U.S. Government:
- August 15, 2022 MARPA Comments - Airplane Fuel Efficiency Certification NPRM
- March 30, 2018 MARPA Comments - EASA NPA 2017-19 Installation of parts and appliances that are released without an EASA Form 1 or equivalent
- August 3, 2017 MARPA Comments - PMA for Propeller Critical Parts and Category 1 Propeller Parts - ANE-35_1-01-R1
- October 17, 2016 MARPA Comments - AC 33.15-3 PMA Metallic Part Material Compliance Using Comparative Test and Analysis Method of Turbine Engines or APU
- November 21, 2014 MARPA Comments PS-ANE-33.83-01: Clarification for 14CFR Part 33.83 Vibration Test
- July 07, 2014 MARPA Comments regarding AC33 Geometry
- May 28, 2014 Changes to Production Certificates and Approvals.pdf
- May 23, 2014 AC 33-X Burner Rig
- March 21, 2014 MARPA files comments regarding PS-ANE-35.15-02 CPN for PMA of Propeller Parts"
- March 21, 2014 MARPA files comments regarding PS-ANE-33.3-05 CPN for PMA of Engine Parts
- February 25, 2014 Multi-Industry Letter To Congress H.R. 2804
- September 3, 2013 Application for Parts Manufacturer Approval Via Tests and Computations or Identicality.
- July 2, 2013 MARPA files Comments on Sequencing.
- February 11, 2013 MARPA file comments in response to Air Carrier Contract Maintenance Requirements, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, which was published for public comment at 77 Fed. Reg. 67584 (November 13, 2012).
- February 9, 2013 MARPA files comments on FAA Draft Order 8900.1 CHG Designee Policy
- November 19, 2012 MARPA files comments on the FAA proposed rule that would amend the repair station rules (including but not limited to the ratings rules).
- June 1, 2012 MARPA files comments on the ACUS Proposal to Amend the Way that Material is Incorporated by Reference in the Federal Register
- May 10, 2012 MARPA files comments with the Commerce Department on the effect of EASA Fees and Charges
- March 20, 2012 MARPA files comments on the Proposed FAA Streamlined PMA Order
- December 5, 2011 MARPA files comments on the Proposed FAA ICA Policy (Policy Statement, PS-AIR-21.50-01: Inappropriate DAH Restrictions on the Use and Availability of ICA)
- October 3, 2011 MARPA files follow-up comments on the Proposed FAA Sequencing Guidance
- September 25, 2011 MARPA files comments on the Proposed FAA Sequencing Guidance (Standard Operating Procedure: Aircraft Certification Service Sequencing Procedure)
- May 9, 2011 MARPA files comments on the FAA Regulatory Flexibility Analysis for the Drug Testing Rule - Seeking to Keep the FAA Honest in their Cost-Benefit Analysis
- April 22, 2011 MARPA files comments on the State Department's Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Replacement Parts/Components and Incorporated Articles Export NPRM
- April 22, 2011 MARPA files letter with the FAA concerning Licensing Agreements
- March 7, 2011 MARPA files comments on the FAA's Safety Management Systems NPRM Order
- February 10, 2011 MARPA Letter to FAA Concerning Industry Statistics Regarding Failure to Comply With New Part 21 Requirements
- October 25, 2010 MARPA files comments on the Hazmat NPRM
- July 28, 2010 MARPA files comments on the FAA's Draft Alternative Methods of Compliance Order
- May 17, 2010 MARPA files comments on the FAA's Draft Issue Papers Advisory Circular
- October 21, 2009 MARPA files comments in Response to Safety Management System (SMS) ANPRM
- October 9, 2009 MARPA files comments on Proposed AC 21.93 with MARPA's Proposed Changes to the DRAFT AC.
- May 19, 2009 MARPA receives a response from the FAA regarding the SFAR 88 Issue
- April 8, 2009: (Cover Letter) MARPA files comments with the FAA seeking a remedy to the SFAR 88 issue inhibiting previously approved PMA parts from being used or from being approved for use by AMOC
- April 8, 2009: (White Paper, Drafted by Wencor) MARPA files comments with the FAA seeking a remedy to the SFAR 88 issue inhibiting previously approved PMA parts from being used or from being approved for use by AMOC
- March 26, 2009: MARPA files comments on the draft revision to the Guidance on FAA Acceptance of Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Order 8110.54A
- January 21, 2009: MARPA files comments on the draft revision to the Supplier Control Advisory Circular, AC 21-20
- September 22, 2008: MARPA files comments on the draft revision to FAA Order 8120-2F
- May 12, 2008: MARPA seeks better guidance clarifying when the export of PMA parts falls within U.S. State Department Jurisdiction
- December 14, 2007: MARPA files comments, seeking to improve the language of FAA Order 8110.42C
- November 19, 2007: MARPA requests an extension to the comment period on FAA Order 8110.42C
Some Recent MARPA Submissions to (Non-U.S.) Government Agencies:
- The government of Japan published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for a Safety Management Systems Rule for manufacturers and maintenance facilities. The MARPA Comments can be found online.
Sample MARPA Presentations:
- MARPA 1100: The MARPA 1100 standard offers a streamlined format and procedure for submitting PMA applications for non-safety-significant parts. The FAA has published a corollary order, Streamlined Process for Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA), FAA Order 8110.119.
- MARPA COS Guidance: The MARPA COS Guidance, is a free downloadable guide that recommends a structure for a continued operational safety (COS) program within a PMA manufacturing environment. The FAA has recommended COS as a mechanism for helping to achieve safety goals through proactive review of data, risk assessment, and prompt risk mitigation.